Аквариум открыт!

Вы хотите попасть в подводный сказочный мир? Обитатели евпаторийского аквариума ждут вас! Не бойтесь оказаться в пасти морского чудовища – это центральный вход в здание нового аквариума, который был торжественно открыт 7 мая 2011 года.

Вы попадаете в пещеру освещённую факелами, стены которой декорированы наскальной росписью. Над центральным открытым бассейном перекинут деревянный мостик.

Вас окружают настоящие джунгли, где лианы колышутся от порыва настоящего ветра, где поют птицы и кружатся настоящие диковинные бабочки. Read more »

Открытие курортного сезона в Евпатории.

 

В 10-00 на Театральной площади открылся IV Международный чемпионат Живых скульптур («Open Living Statues Championship») и заинтриговавший всех УЕФА-2011, который расшифровывается, как Уличный Евпаторийский Фестиваль АRTa. В фестивале приняли участие уличные театры из Санкт-Петербурга, Москвы, Воронежа, клоуны из Киева, Одессы, Луганска. Их веселые АRT- представления развлекали публику и мы с нетерпением будем ждать встречи с ними завтра на ул. Караимской.

На Театральной площади собрались 80 живых статуй, они приехали из Москвы, Барселоны, Одессы, Самары и городов Крыма. Сегодня они борются за право участвовать в Мировом чемпионате живых скульптур, который состоится 25 сентября 2011 года в Нидерландах. Read more »

Максимилиан Волошин.

Когда февраль чернит бугор

И талый снег синеет в балке,

У нас в Крыму по склонам гор

Цветут весенние фиалки.

Они чудесно проросли

Меж влажных камней в снежных лапах,

И смешан с запахом земли

Стеблей зелёных тонкий запах.

Как мне близок и понятен

Этот мир — зеленый, синий,

Мир живых прозрачных пятен

И упругих, гибких линий.

Мир стряхнул покров туманов.

Четкий воздух свеж и чист.

На больших стволах каштанов

Ярко вспыхнул бледный лист.

Небо целый день моргает

(Прыснет дождик, брызнет луч),

Развивает и свивает

Свой покров из сизых туч.

И сквозь дымчатые щели

Потускневшего окна

Бледно пишет акварели

Эта бледная весна. Read more »

Гостиницы Евпатории.

Море – это главная площадь каждого курортного городка и Евпатория не исключение.

В 19 веке Лазаревская улица (ныне ул. Революции) была центральной улицей города, тянулась она вдоль моря и была центром курортной жизни Евпатории.  На Лазаревской улице располагалась популярная в те годы и самая известная гостиница «Бейлер». Она находилась между мусульманской мечетью Джума-Джами и домом Российского общества пароходства и торговли, где сегодня стоит памятник евпаторийскому десанту 1942 года.

Карл Бейлер, хозяин гостиницы, построил её в самом центре курортной жизни Евпатории – окна гостиницы обращены к морю и набережной, рядом  два православных храма, мусульманская мечеть Хан-Джами,  морской порт, купальни, неподалёку синагога, кенасы.

Вот что писали о гостинице «Бейлер» в путеводителе по Евпатории 1914 г.: «Отель Бейлер, против пристани Русского Общества Пароходства и Торговли, первоклассная гостиница, с ваннами и прочими удобствами. Цены летом — от 2 р. Хороший ресторан. От гостиницы ежедневно отходят автомобили в Саки и Симферополь.»

После революции здание гостиницы «Бейлер» переименовали в Дворец Труда.

Во время Великой Отечественной войны здание гостиницы было разрушено в ночь с 4 на 5 января 1942 года. На причал,напротив гостиницы «Дворец Труда» с боем высадился морской десант.Сегодня на месте гостиницы «Бейлер» («Дворца Труда») находится памятник морякам-десантникам, участникам морского десанта. Read more »

Ксения Симонова — «Вдохновение Dior».

28 апреля в Москве в музее имени А.С. Пушкина открылась выставка «Вдохновение Dior». Французский модный дом привез в российскую столицу коллекцию из 60 картин – это работы Пикассо, Ренуара, Сезанна, Модильяни и , конечно, более ста нарядов Haute Cuture . Модная выставка – это своеобразный экскурс в многолетнюю историю французского дома Dior. История дома Диор неразрывно связана не только с высокой модой, но и с изысканными духами Christian Dior Jadore, а также с фотоискусством, кинематографом, живописью и скульптурой.

Евпаторийская художница Ксения Симонова выступила в Москве, на торжественном вечере, посвящённом открытию выставки «Dior: под знаком искусства». Передавая утончённую эстетику и шарм одного из самых известных домов мод в мире, Ксения Симонова создала новую песочную композицию, посвящённую истории Дома Диор.

Анимационная композиция Ксении сопровождалась прекрасной музыкой, ей аккомпанировал известный французский скрипач Лоран Корсиа. Выступление Ксении было встречено бурными овациями и покорило достаточно искушенную в вопросах искусства аудиторию, здесь были самые известные знатоки моды и почитатели искусства, как маэстро Спиваков, Эвелина Хромченко, Владимир Познер, Андрей Малахов, Наталья Водянова. Read more »

The Sudak fortress.

Sudak is a small historic town located in Crimea. Today it is a popular resort, best known for its Genoese fortress, the best preserved on the northern shore of the Black Sea.

The Sudak fortress is an outstanding monument of fortification architecture of the 14-15th centuries. It was built by the Genoese who settled in Feodosia and began to develop the Black Sea Coast in the XIII century.

Enlarging their dominion they seized Soldaia (later name Sudak) in 1365. To consolidate their power the Genoese built mighty fortresses. One of the major ones was the fortress in Sudak, built from 1371 to 1469. Read more »

Магазин «Арсенал» — все, что нужно военному

казаки--

Военная одежда необычайно удобная и комфортная, потому как ее можно использовать в сложных условиях и она превосходно подходит для военнослужащего, фотографа, либо же рыбака. Военная одежда необычайно удобная, прочная и при этом совершенно недорогая, кроме того она идеально подходит для любых, даже самых сложных климатических условий, переносит абсолютно любые испытания и дает возможность необычайно комфортно ощущать себя в любых погодных условиях. Read more »

Simeiz.

Simeiz (“Sign”) is located by the southern slopes of the main range of Crimean Mountains at the base of Mount Koshka, 18 kilometers (12 miles) west from Yalta.

There are prehistoric dolmens nearby; Simeiz (“Sign”) lies in the locality where at one time there were Tauri settlements and fortifications.

Their remains are to be found on the mount Koshka (“Cat-mount”)-it is the shape of the mountain resembles a sitting cat.

The height is 254 metres. On the mountain’s western slope lies the biggest Tauri necropolis on the Southern coast.

In the Middle Ages the area was under the control of the Byzantine Empire, which built a fortified monastery in the vicinity .

As the Byzantine power weakened, the area fell under the control of Genoa, which in its turn gave way to the Ottoman Empire; under the Ottomans the village was ruled from Mangup.

By 1778, with the departure of the Christian population, the village was depopulated.

The ruins of a monastery and fortified walls which stands on the seashore are seen near the Sail – Rock.

Read more »

Oreanda. Gaspra. Koreiz.

Oreanda.

If you walk from Livadia palace along the «Sunny path” (former «Tsar’s path»)

a haif- rofunda. Below stretches a very old park in the midst of which lies the cluster of buildings of the Nizhnyaya Oreanda Sanatorium.

In the 1820s the Romanovs acquired Oreanda (“Border”) and in 1852 a luxurious palace was built here for the Grand Duke Constantine. But the palace was burnt down in 1882.

The park was laid out while the palace was being built; the contours of its small ponds reproduce

the outlines of the Sea of Azov, the Black, the Caspian and the Aral Seas.

On the elevation to the left of the sanatorium stands a grey church, which was built from the stones of the burnt down palace. This church is mentioned in Chekhov’s story «The Lady with the Dog».

Read more »

Alupka.

Ай-Петри

The first written reference to Alupka dates back to the year 960 A.D. The name is supposed to derive from the Greek word «alepu» which means «a fox». The settlement is situated on the mountainous terrain and is unplanned. Homes were built along the mountain paths, which now are the streets. Read more »

Miskhor -“Half Town”.

Miskhor (“Half Town”) is a resort situated between Yalta and Alupka

The first known inhabitants in these parts were the Tauri, then Romans built a fortress on Cape Ai-Todor.

In the Middle Ages the Romans withdrew from the Southern Coast and a monastery was founded by Fyodor Tyron on Cape Ai — Todor (“Saint Theodore”).

The Swallow’s Nest.     Read more… Read more »

Gurzuf.

Gurzuf («mountain valley») is a picturesque Crimean scenery which is situated 16 kilometers to the east of Yalta.

The first written reference about Gurzuf occurs in the writings of the Byzantine writer Procopius (500-562) who lived at the time of the emperor Justinian I (483-565). Procopius writes about the construction of a Byzantine fortress «in the district of Gurzovit».

In the 8th century, the fortress had grown in size and soon was surrounded by a second ring of fortification. Though the fortress was destroyed by Khazars, by the middle of the 12th century it was rebuilt again. The Arab geographer al-ldrisi was able to write about the «flourishing town» of Garzuni. The town was destroyed and changed hands so often that by the end of the 15th century it had become a small village.

At the beginning of the 19thcentury Gurzuf became the property of the Novorossiysk governor-general, the duke de Richelieu (1766-1822).

Read more »

Massandra.

Massandra is situated 3 kilometers far to the East from Yalta.

The high hills of Nikita mountain pasture, the highest point of Mauntin Avinda is 1473 meters, protect Massandra from the cold air from the North and the southern winds bring the fresh breath of the Black sea. The Massandra park is one of the most beautiful parks of the Southern Coast. It was laid in the 1840 by the German horticulturist Kari Kebach, he was the founder of the Alupka park as well. The park was laid out by the serf labour of the peasants brought by Count Vorontsov from all the provinces of Russia. There are more than 200 tree and bush species grow in the Massandra park on its 40 hectares nowadays. The park was planned in the English style with curvilinear paths and picturesque groups of trees.

Read more »

Yalta («Coast»)

Yalta («Coast») stretches along the coast of a sea bay on the slope of the Main Ridge of the Crimean Mountains. In ancient times the Greek settlement of Jalita existed on this territory. In the Middle Ages there was the Byzantine and Genoese settlement, they named it as Kaulita.

In 1837 it was turned into a district city which began to be developed according to the 1843 plan.

At the end of the 19th century Yalta has a rapid growth, and the development of valleys of the Derekoika and the Uchan-Su Rivers.

Now it is a significant resort and cultural centre whose boundaries widened thanks to multistory housing developments on the adjoining slopes. The city territory incorporates land from the mount Ayu-dag to the Sarych Cape.

Greater Yalta is a 70-km stretch of the South Crimean coast washed by the Black Sea. The mount Ayu-dag (“Mount Bear”) is a kind of signpost to Greater Yalta. Farther on the highway goes past Gurzuf, the Nikita Botanical Gardens and Massandra.

The resorts and sights of interest located to the west are Livadia, Oreanda, Gaspra, Koreiz, Miskhor, Alupka and Simeiz

A snow-white city lies inside the enormous shell formed by a semicircle of mountains. Yalta is beautiful in her mountain setting, she is open only to the sea and the sun.

The cypresses with cones like little bells have already become a symbol of the resort. Magnificent magnolia trees fill the air with their perfume… And the sea adds the finishing touch to all this beauty. Once you arrive in Yalta you will fall in love with it!

We suggest you begin your walking tour of Yalta with an itinerary that might be called Along the City’s Streets, that is from the Yalta Hotel to the Oreanda. Its length is about 3 kilometers.

The Yalta Hotel is situated near Massandra Park. Massandra Beach stretches from the Yalta

Hotel to the port. At the intersection of streets stands Primorskiy Hotel (“Sea-coast Hotel”), one of the oldest in Yalta.

From here you can walk down to the port, in the other direction a small street leads uphill from the Hotel to Polikur Hill. Here is where Yalta originated, witness is the very name Polikur (“Paleokhor”), which in Greek language means «Old Place». The Hill formerly bore the name of St. John.

Yalta is the only port on the Crimea’s southern shore which can safely shelter ships in a storm. The talented engineer A.Bertier — Delagarde supervised the construction of the Yalta mole in 1889-1892.

Near the port there is the Yuzhnaya Hotel (“Southern Hotel”) which stands on Roosevelt Street. It is the oldest street in the city and was given its present name in honour of the outstanding statesman US President Franklin Roosevelt (1882-1945), who visited Yalta in February 1945.

Yalta‘s main street is the Embankment. It is favorite avenue of holiday makers for their even strolls. The Embankment te lined with shops, cafes, and restaurants. There is the oldest Tavrida Hotel, that was built in 1875. The great Russian poet Nickolai Nekrasov lived in Tavrida Hotel in room 68. He wrote the part of his long poem «Who Can Be Happy in Russia?» in Yalta.

If you cross the Hotel Tavrida’s courtyard, you will find yourself next to the boarding platform for the cable-car line which leads to the top of Darsan Hill. There is the Mound of Glory, erected in memory of the fallen during the Civil and Great Patriotic Wars.

If you walk past it, you will again come out into the Embankment. Soon you will reach the quays where the pleasure boats dock. Here you can embark on an excursion to the towns of the Greater Yalta: Alupka, Miskhor, Simeiz…

Ahead lies the second half of the Embankment. The Municipal Park, which merges with it, was established in the 1880s. There is the monument to the great Russian writer Anton Chekhov near Municipal Drama Theatre.

In 1900 the Moscow Art Theatre gave tour performances. The members of the company came to show the sick Chekhov his play «The Seagull». Chekhov was presented with palm leaves tied with a red ribbon bearing the inscription «To Anton Chekhov, a perfect interpreter of Russian reality.»

The great Russian singer Fyodor Chaliapin (1873-1838) sang on the stage of the Municipal Drama Theatre. His singing was accompanied by the outstanding Russian musician Sergey Rakhmaninov (1873-1943)

In the house across the theatre lived the famous Ukrainian poetess Lesia Ukrayinka (1871-1913) A bronze statue has been set up in her memory right in front of the house.

The final stop of the Embankment tour is the Oreanda hotel. Across from the hotel is a small public garden where the schooner Espanolahas been mounted. It has been built specially for the film about the sea-advantures.

Greater Alushta.

Alushta is an ancient town on the Crimea’s Southern Coast. Alushta inherited its name from the Byzantine fortress of Aluston, which was built here in the 6th century A.D. by order of the Byzantine emperor Justinian I (483-565) who also rebuilt the church of St. Sophia at Constantinople. In the present-day you can look round the remains of the Byzantine fortress, its defense tower and part of a wall. Alushta attracts tourists by its unusual climate, pleasant beaches and picturesque surroundings. Read more »

Stary Krym — «Old Crimea».

Stary Krym («Old Crimea») is a quiet, modest town in the Eastern Crimea, its history numbers not one millenium.

At the beginning of the 1st millenium there was a Taun settling Karia here, then it bore the name of Surkhat and in XIII-XV cc. — Solkhat. The last two names originally come from Armenian «surbkhach» that is «the holy cross».

At the end of the XV century the town was conquered by the Tatars and called Eski Krym (“Old Moat”). The  formation of the Crimean khanate with the capital in Bakhchisarai Eski Krym lost its former importance. After the annexation of the Crimea it was planned to make Stary Krym its capital and rename it Simferopol.

Stary Krym is situated at the foot of the Mount Agarmysh (“Whitish”) which is 724 meters above sea level. In summer the mount gets warm and creates an ascending airflow, which is conductive to formation of a cumulus cloud. The influence of the mount on the local climate is very favorable for treatment of lung patients. Read more »

Welcome to Evpatoria
Яндекс.Метрика Open Directory Project at dmoz.org