Posts Tagged ‘история Крыма’

Как медаль за сражение при Инкермане попала в Темзу?

крест виктории

Британская медаль за храбрость в сражении при Инкермане 5 ноября 1854 г. была найдена с помощью металлоискателя охотником за сокровищами Тобиасом Нето в грязи берега реки Темзы, на юго-западе Лондона.

«Только когда я вернулся домой, я понял, что у меня в руках Крест Виктории, когда я прочитал под короной надпись «За доблесть (for valor)». Тогда я заметил дату на реверсе: 5 ноября 1854 года. Наверное, я единственным человеком в мире, который нашёл в реке Темзе самую престижную награду — Крест Виктории (Victoria Cross). Существует всего 16 таких медалей, и сегодня она стоит не менее 50 000 фунтов стерлингов» — сообщил Тобиас Нето.

(далее…)

Манифест о присоединении к Российской державе Крымского полуострова

присоединения Крыма и Тамани к России в 1783 году.

19 (8) апреля 1783 г. императрица Екатерина Великая подписала Манифест о присоединении к Российской державе Крымского полуострова и образовании Таврической области под управлением князя Григория Александровича Потёмкина, получившего за свои труды титул Князь Таврический.

Это событие стало закономерным итогом длительной борьбы России с Крымским ханством и Турцией, которая держала Крым в вассальной зависимости. Могло ли Крымское ханство быть завоёвано Российской державой при Иване Грозном, т.е. на два с лишним столетия раньше, чем это произошло в действительности? Известно, что Русские казаки более 40 лет воевали с турками на Чёрном море в Босфорской войне 1613 — 1659 г.г., но силы были явно не равными. Необходимо помнить о турецком влиянии на Балканах и доминировании османского флота в Чёрном море. Если зависимость Казанского ханства от османов была чисто номинальной, то крымские Гиреи были прямыми ставленниками Стамбула, а в Крыму постоянно находились турецкие гарнизоны. Завоевание Крыма могло быть осуществлено только после достижения решающего русского военного превосходства над Турцией, а это, как известно, произошло только в XVIII веке.  (далее…)

История Крыма

Герб Крыма

Полуостров Крым расположен в северной части Чёрного моря. На севере соединяется с материком Перекопским перешейком шириной 8 км. Максимальная протяженность расстояние с севера на юг (по меридиану) составляет 207 км, с запада на восток (по 45 параллели) — 324 км. С запада и юга Крым омывают воды Чёрного моря, на северо-востоке — Азовского моря (Меотида). Длина побережья — 1,5 тыс. км. Площадь полуострова — 27 тыс. кв. км. (далее…)

Оккупация Крыма кайзеровской Германией в 1918 году

1918 г в брест-литовске - Липский, Стучка, Троцкий, Карахан

1918 г в Брест-литовске — Липский, Стучка, Троцкий, Карахан

3 марта 1918 года в городе Брест-Литовск был подписан Брестский мир — сепаратный мирный договор, обеспечивший выход РСФСР из Первой мировой войны. Подписи под Брестским мирным договором поставили представители Советской России, с одной стороны, и Германская империя, Австро-Венгрия, Османская империя и Болгария, с другой стороны.  (далее…)

What to see in Evpatoria

museum-Mavr-style

Evpatoria is a city of museums.
Local History Museum in Evpatoria was created on February 1, 1921 in the former mansion of the merchant Y.M. Gelelovich, built in 1912 in the Moorish style.

The museum was established in 1921 in the former mansion of the merchant Gegelovych. The building was considered an important monument of architecture and urban development. Later in the same year the “Museum of antiques” was opened to the general public. (далее…)

Kerkinitida – Gezlev — Evpatoria

viewAncient Greeks came in the 4th century BC from Miletus on their ships to the Crimean’s shore and built Kerkinitida – the most ancient name of Yevpatoriya.

In the 4th century BC Greeks from Miletus came on the shore of the modern territory of Yevpatoriya. Presumably, one of the leaders in the new settlement was someone called Karkin, after whom the settlement was named. The name was later changed to Kerkinitida. Hecataeus of Miletus, Herodotus, Pliny, and Mela mentioned Kerkinitida in their works. (далее…)

Экспонаты музея Крымской войны.

 

20 октября 2012г. в Евпатории, в старинном здании по улице Революции, 61, открылся музей Крымской войны. У входа в здание музея установлены корабельные пушки и полевое орудие. Под гром пушечных выстрелов и ружейной стрельбы, гостей встречали солдаты в мундирах европейских держав, воевавших полтора века тому назад в Крымской войне  1853 — 1856 г.г. – в военных мундирах Российской, Османской, Британской, Французской империй и королевства Сардиния.   (далее…)

Экскурсия в Феодосию.

Отдых в Крыму, замечателен тем, что остановившись на отдых в одном из городов Крыма, вы можете совершить однодневную экскурсию по достопримечательным местам  полуострова. Очень интересная экскурсия в древний город Феодосию.

Город Феодосия (Teo-Dosia — «Богом данная»), расположенный на юго-восточном побережье Крыма, основан выходцами из Греции в 6 веке до нашей эры, на месте поселения тавро, под названием Ардабда — «город семи богов».  Генуэзцы называли этот город Кафа, а турки — «Кучук-lstanbul» («Малый Стамбул»). (далее…)

St. Nicholas Orthodox Cathedral.

In 1774 there was a small temple St. Nicholas, the patron saint of seafaring and trade, which was built by the Greeks living in the city Evpatoria. (далее…)

Songs and Poems of the Crimean War, 1854-1856

This is one of the many broadsides that circulated after FN achieved fame in the Crimean. A broadside was a song or poem printed on a sheet of paper and sold on the street for a very small sum, often about current events.
A poem from the famous English satirical magazine Punch published during the time of the Crimean War, 1854-1856, when Miss Florence Nightingale and her nurses were nursing English Soldiers for the first time in English history. Since this poem is 150 years old, the language, the punctuation, and the spelling may be unfamiliar; you may need to use a dictionary.
The Nightingale’s Song to the Sick Soldier

Listen, soldier, to the tale of the tender nightingale,
‘Tis a charm that soon will ease your wounds so cruel,
Singing medicine for your pain, in a sympathetic strain,
With a jug, jug, jug of lemonade or gruel.

 Read more… (далее…)

Sevastopol’s Monuments of Glory.

There are many monuments of Glory in Sevastopol. The Monument to the Scuttled Ships became an emblem of Sevastopol

During the Crimean war (1853-56) Russian sailing vessels were scuttled at the entrance to the Northern Bay in 1854 and 1855 in accordance with the order of admiral Nakhimovto obstruct the enemy ships the entrance to the roadsteads and so to save Sevastopol». (далее…)

The Livadia Palace.

Livadia (“Meadow”) is a settlement 6 kilometers far from Yalta. The main sight in the settlement is the Livadia Palace. It is the former summer residence of the Russian tsar. The paiace was built by the architect Nickolai Krasnov in 1911, and for his work Nickolai Krasnov was given the title of Academician in Architecture. (далее…)

The Alupka Palace

 P5010636_1 У-------The Alupka Palace is the main sight of the town. It was built for one of the richest landlords of Russia, the governor-general of the Novorossiysky Krai, Prince Mikhail Semyonovich Vorontsov.

The palatial ensemble embodies many typical features of the 16th century English Tudor castle.

SfNEPfnGl2Q

The palace was built according to a project by English architect Edward Blore (1789–1879)

The count incorporated many English architects into the work:F. Elson built the old House and the Tea House. F. Bauffod and T. Harrison were busy with the design. An important architectural characteristic of the Alupka palace was its relation to the nearby Crimean Mountains, with which it harmonized perfectly.

58

Stone walls, loophole windows and triangular buttresses give the palace the appearance of a medieval castle. But when you enter the front courtyard here you’ll see that the palace resembles nobleman’s country- seat. It is organically integrated into the surrounding landscape.Ай-Петри

The Alupka Palace is now an architectural and art museum. It contains the furnishings and art collections, which had been in the palace itself and the collections from other estates on the Southern coast of the Crimea. On the interior walls of the entrance hall is an inscription written in Arabic: «There is no Conqueror, except Allah.» (далее…)

SOUTH COAST OF THE CRIMEA.

Our country is distinguished for an unusual variety of nature but there are few truly warm subtropical places on its immense territory — the South Coast of the Crimea. Each has features of its own.

The Crimean South Coast enjoys a particular popularity. As the sociologists’ research has shown a tremendous number of people prefer taking a holiday precisely here, due to the traditions, proximity to the densely populated centers, reliability of the transport connections and, of course, the climate. A few kilometers away, beyond the mountain passes, a snow-storm may rage, while on the South Coast loquat and honeysuckle are in bloom.

Naturally, frosts do occur, sometimes snow falls, but on the whole, the winter here is more like the autumn in the Central Belt of Russia. This phenomenon is accounted for both by the mountains and the warm sea. (далее…)

The Sudak fortress.

Sudak is a small historic town located in Crimea. Today it is a popular resort, best known for its Genoese fortress, the best preserved on the northern shore of the Black Sea.

The Sudak fortress is an outstanding monument of fortification architecture of the 14-15th centuries. It was built by the Genoese who settled in Feodosia and began to develop the Black Sea Coast in the XIII century.

Enlarging their dominion they seized Soldaia (later name Sudak) in 1365. To consolidate their power the Genoese built mighty fortresses. One of the major ones was the fortress in Sudak, built from 1371 to 1469. (далее…)

Gurzuf.

Gurzuf («mountain valley») is a picturesque Crimean scenery which is situated 16 kilometers to the east of Yalta.

The first written reference about Gurzuf occurs in the writings of the Byzantine writer Procopius (500-562) who lived at the time of the emperor Justinian I (483-565). Procopius writes about the construction of a Byzantine fortress «in the district of Gurzovit».

In the 8th century, the fortress had grown in size and soon was surrounded by a second ring of fortification. Though the fortress was destroyed by Khazars, by the middle of the 12th century it was rebuilt again. The Arab geographer al-ldrisi was able to write about the «flourishing town» of Garzuni. The town was destroyed and changed hands so often that by the end of the 15th century it had become a small village.

At the beginning of the 19thcentury Gurzuf became the property of the Novorossiysk governor-general, the duke de Richelieu (1766-1822).

(далее…)

Welcome to Evpatoria
Яндекс.Метрика Open Directory Project at dmoz.org